Prism: A Veterinary Dentistry and Oral Surgery Practice
We're proud to introduce Prism Veterinary Dentistry -- a standalone veterinary dentistry and oral surgery practice in the heart of Manhattan.
We are located at 19 W. 21st Street in Manhattan. Please give us a call at 646-661-5562 or email us at email@example.com to schedule an appointment today.
Providing the most advanced dental care to New York City's pets
Our pets need better dental health. We are a stand-alone referral center for veterinary dentistry and oral surgery. With our entire team and practice focused on this discipline, everyone is invested in our caliber of care.
Our collaborative, team-based approach not only facilities excellent patient care, but it also enables us to provide unparalleled service to our clients and referring veterinarians.
We are committed to empowering our clients and veterinary colleagues to make the best decisions so that pets live longer, happier lives free from oral pain.
We’re a team of board-certified veterinary dental specialists, licensed veterinary technicians, and highly trained nurse anesthetics. This incredible group stays on top of the latest discoveries in our field through advanced certifications. We support our team’s growth so they can best support their patients.
Meet Dr. Jordan C. Ford
Dr. Ford launched Prism Veterinary Dentistry to create a practice in New York City solely focused on veterinary dentistry and oral surgery. His interest in dentistry first began in veterinary school where he witnessed the profound improvements in patient quality of life that can be achieved with recognition and treatment of oral disease. He enjoys all aspects of veterinary dentistry and oral surgery, but he finds endodontics, orthodontics, and management of oral mucosal diseases particularly rewarding.
- Residency, Dentistry & Oral Surgery, The Animal Medical Center
- Internship, Small Animal Medicine & Surgery, The Animal Medical Center
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine
- Bachelor of Arts, Harvard University
Our Core Services
- Periodontics: root planing, periodontal surgery, gingivectomy, bone grafting, guided tissue regeneration
- Exodontics: extensive or complex dental extractions, including full-mouth extractions
- Endodontics: root canal and vital pulp therapies
- Restorations: composite restoration of lost tooth substance
- Prosthodontics: impression and fabrication of metal crowns
- Orthodontics: active and passive force appliances, crown height reduction, targeted extractions
- Palatal Surgery: correction of congenital or acquired clefts
- Maxillofacial Trauma: jaw fracture repair
- Oncologic Surgery: biopsy and removal of oral masses
- Intraoral Radiograhy: full mouth dental imaging for diagnosis and treatment planning
- Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CT): rapid, advanced multidimensional imaging in house
Conditions We Treat
- Periodontal Disease
- Dental Trauma
- Tooth Resorption
- Dental Caries
- Persistent Deciduous Teeth
- Unerupted Teeth
- Cleft Palates
- Oronasal Fistulas
- Oral Masses
Prism is an outpatient referral clinic focused exclusively on veterinary dentistry and oral surgery. Our state-of-the-art equipment and imaging technology make our advanced procedures possible. And those advanced procedures help us meet our goal of giving every patient a comfortable and functional mouth (free from oral pain). We work closely with pet owners and referring veterinarians every step of the way to create a thorough treatment plan. Clients can expect a personalized experience, complete with short wait times and comfortable consultations rooms.
Prism is the only veterinary dentistry practice in New York City with the industry leading Xoran VetCAT IQ Computer Tomography (CT) scanner, providing a 3D image of the patient.